Student leadership is the heart of MyLife 24-7. Members of the GOOD FOR YOU movement volunteer their time to ensure that the project remains in-step with what teens really want and need. In return, we offer young leaders the opportunity to:
- learn vital life-skills including community organizing, negotiation, fundraising, and technological literacy
- engage with other future leaders—networking in the digital age
- develop a portfolio of nonathletic, extracurricular activities that demonstrates commitment, problem-solving, and initiative
- cultivate an understanding of, and tolerance for, other people and cultures
The flexibility of the program is what makes it viable within the modern pace of life. Members can serve at different levels, depending on the amount of responsibility they choose to take on. The organizational structure of MyLife 24-7 is explained below:
- Assembly: Anyone 11-19 can become a member of the MyLife 24-7 Assembly. Assembly members will receive news updates and discounts.
- Ambassadors: Core leadership group. Up to 247 students selected based on commitment, prior achievements, and demonstrated character. Ambassadors serve one year terms but may apply for re-appointment each year.
- Senate: 24 Ambassadors will be elected as Senators by the entire MyLife24-7 community. Senators may be given special leadership responsibilities including project oversight and spokesperson assignments.
- International Council: 7 Council members will be elected by their Senate peers to serve as the highest leadership body of MyLife 24-7. Includes 1 President and 6 VPs.